Are you ready for some fun? We have something to do for all ages!
Enjoy a wide variety of activities, from attending special events, participating in the arts, learning about our rich history, to staying active indoors and outdoors…we’re a small town with big city happenings!
- Visit the local Art galleries and shops to admire the vast array of art on display by local Artists.
- Check out Amusements to learn about fun and games. Some examples are disc golf, rollerskating, playing bingo, laser tag, ax throwing,, and much more!
- Learn about New Bern’s 310 years of History by taking a professionally guided or self-tours and visit the many historical landmarks.
- Spend some time at the New Bern – Craven County Library, read a book, use the computer, and better yet, take some FREE computer classes!
- Get some fresh air by taking a walk in the park. Your kids will have a blast at the local playgrounds and water park. Your dog can play with others in the “dog park”. Thanks to the City of New Bern’s Parks and Recreation and Craven County Recreation and Parks there are over 20 parks, a community resource center, two recreation centers, an aquatic center complex, and a spray park in our community. They also organize numerous events and classes throughout the year.
- Enjoy a Night on the Town by attending a live performance, singing Karaoke or dancing, or watching a movie at the box office.
- Get back to nature by visiting Outdoor Recreation and see the hot spots for biking, boating, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, hunting, tennis, scuba diving, etc.
- Enjoy a stroll through the New Bern Farmer’s Market. The locals gather here on the weekends to shop for arts and crafts, food, and many other unique gifts. They even have live bands throughout the year.