|Ten CarolinaEast Health System employees were recently honored by the organization’s administration and their peers as recipients of the 2017 Clinical Excellence Awards.
Clinical Excellence Awards are presented to clinical professionals who exhibit superior technical skills, professional standards and a commitment to community service. A selection committee, consisting of past Clinical Excellence Award recipients, reviews the nominees who are submitted by immediate supervisors and endorsed by at least one peer as part of the selection process.
In addition to the recognition associated with this distinguished award, recipients are also given the opportunity to continue the professional development that earned them the honor of the award. CarolinaEast Health System sponsors the recipients’ attendance at the national educational conference of their choice for their particular profession.
“Since this award is given in recognition of professional excellence, we felt it was fitting to incorporate an opportunity to advance that excellence into the award itself,” explained Rosanne Leahy, Vice President of Nursing Services.
The 2017 CarolinaEast Health System Clinical Excellence Award winners are:
– Angel Carr, RNIII – Outpatient Services/Endoscopy
– Sean Ferguson, RCP – Cardiopulmonary Services
– Stephen Harris, Infection Preventionist II – Infection Prevention
– Rebecca Kurz, Speech/Language Pathologist – Rehabilitation Hospital
– Caroline Orman, Staff Pharmacist – Pharmacy
– Jessica Petersohn, RNII – Emergency Department
– Meredith Reed, Physical Therapist – Rehabilitation Hospital
– Brandyn Slappey, RNII –Intensive Care Unit
– Michael Sokira, Cytology – Clinical Laboratory
– Tracy Stallings, Nuclear Medinice Tech – Nuclear Medicine
“It is vital that we honor, recognize and reward our medical professionals who make constant efforts to be the best at what they do,” said Leahy. “These employees are exemplary representations of what CarolinaEast is all about. They positively impact their patients every day and are committed to giving the most compassionate, highest quality care possible. We are very fortunate and proud to have them on our team,” she added.
Submitted by: Megan McGarvey, Director, Public Relations, CarolinaEast Health System