Tryon Palace and the Tryon Palace Foundation invite you to attend “Live and Local: Tryon Palace Beer Festival” on Saturday, August 18, at the North Carolina History Center. The festival will feature local breweries, local food trucks, and live performances from local musicians.
“Live and Local” will feature breweries native to Eastern North Carolina, including brews from Brewery 99, Shortway Brewing Company, Mill Whistle Brewing, Brutopia, Fishtowne Brew House, Crystal Coast Brewing, and Tight Lines Pub & Brewing Company. Food will be available for purchase from three of our local food trucks- Mari’s Hella Fat Food, La Cocina de Coqui, and Three Kings Food Truck. The event will be headlined by local bands “Peace Soldier” and “Joe Baes Project,” who will be performing throughout the night. Visitors can learn about craft brewing at a live brewing demonstration sponsored by Brutopia.
“Live and Local” begins at 5 p.m. and runs through 9 p.m. Ticket prices start at $20 per person, age 21 and over, and include 12 beer samples and a souvenir glass; Designated Driver tickets are available for $8. ID’s will be checked at the door. Tickets are available for purchase at TryonPlace.org.
Upcoming events at Tryon Palace include:
– Candlelight 2018 Auditions – August 4
– Behind the Scenes: Costume Shop Tour – August 7
– Garden Lecture: Eco-Beneficial Gardening: Winning the War on Pollinator Decline – August 11
– Behind the Scenes: Museum Technology Tour – August 14
– Lunch and Learn: Tryon Palace Gardens – August 17
– Live and Local: Tryon Palace Beer Festival – August 18
– “Coco”: Summer 2018 Children’s Movie Series – August 23
Submitted by: Regina A. Ochoa, Director of Public Affairs, Tryon Palace