The Dining Out Against Cancer Campaign is a community-wide event, to bring awareness to the SECU Comprehensive Cancer Center at CarolinaEast Medical Center. This month-long event will take place each Tuesday in September. The proceeds of this effort will support the Better Together Capital Campaign to build the SECU Comprehensive Cancer Center. The cancer center will transform cancer care in our community and better serve hundreds of local cancer warriors.
The hope with the Dining Out Against Cancer event is to unite our community in support of the cancer center. The cancer center will be a place cancer warriors can go that is close to home and will provide world-class treatment, education and prevention services. It will be a place that assures cancer patients and their family members that they are not alone; they will be stronger together with those who have their best interest at heart.
Twenty-four restaurants have signed on to be a part of the event. We are thrilled with the response we’ve received from local restaurants and are hoping to make this an annual event.
The cancer center is scheduled to open its doors in January of 2019.
Dining Out Against Cancer Participating Restaurants
– Annabelle’s, 3100 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Blvd., in the New Bern Mall
– Arturo’s Mexican Restaurant, 1900A S. Glenburnie Road
– Baker’s Kitchen, 227 Middle St.
– Big Apple Pizzaria – Broad Creek; 1150 Broad Creek Road
– Captain Ratty’s Seafood Restaurant, 202 Middle St.
– Carolina Bagel, 3601 Trent Road, Suite 10
– The Chelsea Restaurant, 335 Middle St.
– The Country Biscuit, 809 Broad St.
– Craven Coffeehouse, 1904A S. Glenburnie Road
– Famous Baking Company, 2210 Neuse Blvd.
– Famous Restaurant, 2210 Neuse Blvd.
– Friday’s 1890 Seafood, 2307 Neuse Blvd.
– Half Time Pub and Grub, 3325 Dr. M.L. King Jr. Blvd.
– Kitchen on the Trent, 2500 Trent Road, No. 26
– Mayo’s Seafood Restaurant, 13533 Main St., Bayboro
– Morgan’s Tavern & Grill, 235 Craven St.
– Musashi Japanese Steakhouse, 2041 South Glenburnie Road
– Paula’s Pizza, 1713 Red Robin Lane
– Persimmons Waterfront Restaurant, 100 Pollock St.
– Sake Sushi Grill BBQ and Bar, 400 Hotel Drive
– Thai Thai Seafood Restaurant, 2405 Neuse Blvd.
– Thirty Seventh Street Pizzaria, 2402 Neuse Blvd.
– Trent River Coffee Company, 208 Craven St.
– Village Butcher, 3515 Trent Road, Suite 6.
Submitted by: Amy Willis, Office Administrator, CarolinaEast Foundation