United Way of Coastal Carolina announces funding to 18 local health and human service programs. This community investment was made possible by the generosity of individuals who designated their donation to United Way’s Community Fund during the 2015 campaign.
United Way of Coastal Carolina will fund a total of 18 programs across 15 agencies serving individuals in Carteret, Craven, Jones and Pamlico Counties.
“United Way volunteers are asked to evaluate programs based upon community needs, measurable outcomes, financial transparency and accountability,” said Dr. Larry Gracie, President of United Way Board. “Sound stewardship of donor dollars starts with United Way’s commitment to transparency and accountability, without that foundation we cannot build a stronger, more vibrant community.”
United Way mobilizes resources to benefit local programs aligned around education, income and health. Currently, 48% of the total allocations fund programs that provide healthcare, counseling and victim services (Health Programs). The remaining 52% funds programs providing life skills and promoting learning beyond the classroom (Education & Income).
For the 2016-17 funding year, the United Way of Coastal Carolina will provide $86,000 to fund the following programs located in Craven County.
Coastal Women’s Shelter (Shelter Basics)
Craven Literacy Council (Enhancing Life Skills through Literacy)
East Carolina Council Boy Scouts (STEM Program)
Mediation Center of Eastern Carolina (Teen Court)
Promise Place (Trauma Therapy)
Religious Community Services (Emergency Homeless Shelter)
Reviving Lives Ministries (12-Step Residential Recovery Program)
On Tuesday, September 27, 2016 United Way of Coastal Carolina will kick off its 60th Anniversary campaign! For a complete list of program funding, please visit UnitedWayCoastalNC.org
The United Way of Coastal Carolina had its beginnings in the Coastal Carolina area in 1957. What started as just a fundraising organization many years ago, has developed into an organization focused on measurable, long-lasting results focused on the local community’s most compelling needs. Education, Income and Health are the three major areas of focus. Currently there are 18 funded programs serving individuals in Carteret, Craven, Jones and Pamlico Counties. Funds are raised locally to fund local programs.
Submitted by: Tate Johnson, Resource Development and Marketing Coordinator, United Way of Coastal Carolina