CarolinaEast Foundation donated $107,764 to Community Efforts
Did you know that the CarolinaEast Health System pays 100% overhead to the CarolinaEast Foundation? That means 100% of the money raised by the Foundation goes right back into our community!
CarolinaEast Foundation Chairman of the Board, David Wilkins, and Executive Director, Jill Thompson, presented the grant checks to eleven non-profits in Eastern North Carolina.
I encourage you to take time to watch this video, as it shows the people connected to the non-profits and gives you a glimpse into the people who truly benefit from the CarolinaEast. Health System and Foundation close partnership.
Today, I learned about non-profits that I didn’t know existed. Maybe you will too!
– Backpack Blessings, Inc.: provides nutritious food for at risk high school students.
– Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer: camp weekend for families living with and surviving cancer.
– Carteret County Domestic Violence Program: provides nutritional food and medical assistance to victims of domestic violence.
– Coastal Women’s Shelter: provides housing assistance for victims of domestic violence.
– Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC: kids meals and more; mentoring and hot meals for students in need.
– Hope Clinic: medical and dental care of indigent adults in Pamlico County.
– Mile of Hope Foundation: event filled weekend escape for children and their families facing cancer.
– Pretty in Pink Foundation: financial assistance and support for uninsured/underinsured breast cancer patients.
– Radio Reading Service of Eastern NC: provides audible local news and information to persons with visual impairments.
– Religious Community Services (RCS): medical-related expense assistance program
– Vanceboro Rotary Club: outdoor learning environment for exceptional children.
For more information, please visit CarolinaEast Foundation at 2007 Neuse Blvd. or call 252-633-8247.
Tell us what you think sending us an email. Visit New Bern Now’s Facebook page or sign up for the latest updates by submitting your email address in the right margin on New Bern Now’s website.