Craven Smart Start is currently working on its largest and newest fundraiser, the Holiday Hustle, the first race event in downtown New Bern during the Christmas season. The Holiday Hustle will feature a 5K, a 10K and a One Mile Family Fun Run. Racing starts at Union Point Part at 8AM on December 14th.
Groups or individuals can register for one of the Holiday Hustle family friendly, fun races. They include: Jingle Bell Jog 5K & Tinsel 10K with $25.00 registration until November 14 or $30 on November 15 until race day. The One Mile Family Fun Run is $15.00 until November 14 or $20 on November until race day. The cost is $5.00 per person for a family discount with 3 or more participants.
Below are more details:
– Runners/walkers must register by November 14 to guarantee a T-shirt.
– Registration fees are non-refundable.
– Packet pick-up will be at Craven Smart Start, on Friday, December 13 from 12pm – 7pm. Cash only at packet pick-up.
– Race timed with disposable chips.
– Craven Smart Start is being assisted in the coordination of the event by GameOn, a local sporting events firm that specializes in planning and coordinating races and other sporting events.
– Awards for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, male and female, in age categories 8-12, 13-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
– To receive a registration form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The link to online registration is: www.cravensmartstart.org and click race logo.
Funds raised from the Holiday Hustle will be used by Craven Smart Start to enhance Smart Start services for young children and families in Craven County. According to Pat Morrow, Executive Director, “the Holiday Hustle will help give our young children a running start. There are only 2,000 days from the time a baby is born to when he begins kindergarten. The foundation for future learning is built during these first 2000 days. Our mission is to ensure that every Craven County child, birth to five years of age, receives the education, health and family support necessary to arrive at school ready to succeed.”
Businesses, groups, and individuals can help Craven Smart Start by being a sponsor, a volunteer or a donor. Sponsorship packets are available. Please contact Ellie Toombs at (252) 636-3198 Ext .26 to be a sponsor. Please contact Pinkie Moore at (252) 671-0689 to volunteer or to make a donation.
Craven Smart Start, Inc. is the local public-private partnership that administers the funding and programs of Smart Start in Craven County. Smart Start is North Carolina’s nationally recognized early childhood initiative. For more information about Craven Smart Start, Inc., visit our Face Book page or website, www.cravensmartstart.org. or call (252) 636-3198.
Submitted by: Pinkie Moore, Community Outreach Coordinator, Craven Smart Start Inc.