Today we talked about community news from locals; along with businesses and nonprofits! We also talked about the latest happenings in and around town and went Staytrippin’, Daytrippin’, and Night Trippin’ to surrounding areas!
During this show, New Bern Now’s Podsquad: Colleen Roberts (City of New Bern), Kathy Morrison (New Bern Historical Society), Tracey Stones (NCMZ.live), Susan Moffat-Thomas, Charles Tendell (New Bern Live), and I talked about the latest happening in our community on location in the Charles Tendell Studio located inside the O’Marks Bldg., 233 Middle Street Suite 107 in Downtown New Bern!
We were joined by Special Guest Mindy Moore, Pamlico Community College Small Business Center over the phone.
Special thanks to our Podcast sponsors, Jana and Steve Tyson with The Tyson Realty Group. Call 252-675-9595, visit them at 2301 Grace Ave. in New Bern.
1:04 – The Tyson Realty Group
3:08 – Special thanks to our readers who support our efforts by donating as a Monthly Subscriber.
3:57 – Charles prepared to launch his boat!
5:07 – Catching up with the Podsquad
– North Carolina Supreme Court will be conducting hearings in New Bern for their Bi-Centennial Anniversary
– Decorative lights added to James Reed Lane and Bear Plaza
– New Bern Parks and Recreation is working on over 35+ events happening in parks through October
– Travel Matters
14:17 – New Bern Historical Society updates:
– Received the Dr. Gertrude S. Carraway Award of Merit for New Bern’s Civil War Battlefield Park
– Lunch & Learn: From Pleasure Craft to War Craft with Lindy Cummings
– A Distant Mirror Encore: Craven County and Reflections of The Great War with Mark Sandvigen
19:41 – Act of Brotherhood – U.S. WWII Peace Memorial Park in Japan
22:33 – Interview with Mindy Moore, Pamlico Community College Small Business Center
29:06 – Phone Scam targeting Seniors
35:45 – Social Media Minute:
– Strengthening Youth through Scouting
– Cleaning up projects throughout New Bern
– Confederate Memorial and Membership Drive
– White’s Opticians
45:22 – Status of Camping in the Croatan National Forest
48:23 – Free Diabetes Foot Screening
48:57 – ArtWalk – New Bern
49:14 – Dayton Vesper Piano Concert
49:39 – Bryan Mayer Live
49:57 – Mama Mia!
50:20 – Little Women the Musical
51:24 – Annual Blessing of The Fleet
53:38 – Small Business Disaster Planning & Resource event: “Building Resilience Capacity for Natural Disasters”
54:51 – Pancake Pursuit 5K & 10K
55:14 – Bern Garden Plein Air Event
55:38 – Free Horticultural Workshop
56:15 – Concert in the Park
56:35 – Shannon Grace Live
58:50 – Tryon Palace Events:
– “Buzzing Bees, Blooms, and Garden Friends” Exhibit
– Garden Lecture Series
– Behind the Scenes: Gardens
– African American Lecture Series: The Maid Brigade
– Discovering Tryon Palace: Outlander in the Governor’s Palace
– Colonial Market Day
– Behind the Scenes: Costume Shop
58:45 – Daytrippin’ and Festivals:
– Mayfest in Pilot Mountain
– Cleveland County Strawberry Festival in Shelby
– Bluegrass Island Festival in Manteo
1:03.07 – Festivals and Tourism
105.30 – Night Tripping:
– For Live Entertainment and Music, check out the happenings visit the NC Music Zone at NCMZ.live.
– Bob and Joanne Friedman’s New Bern Music Calendar Facebook page.
1:05.54 – The Charles Tendell Studio and New Bern Live
The Podcast also airs on New Bern’s News Talk Radio Station WNOS 103.9FM and 1450 every Wednesday at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
And of course, let us know if you’d like to join us as a guest on the Podcast or have any questions, comments or suggestions by calling 252-259-6853 or sending us an email.