The Board of Directors of Craven County Partners In Education recently announced the winners of the Fall Cycle PIE Grants for creative and imaginative programs in Craven County Schools’ classrooms. The school principals accepted the checks on behalf of their teachers at the December Monthly Principals’ Meeting.
- The Writing Wagon that Could!, $1,498.80 – Roxanne Ank, Ben D. Quinn Elementary, Principal Curtis Gatlin
- From Murphy to Manteo, $1,336.69 – Kim Scott & Brogan Schafere, Oaks Road Elementary, Principal Dr. Eleanor Patrick
- MCIS – Math Camps in Session, $1,463.78 – Christy Wilson, Ben D. Quinn Elementary, Principal Curtis Gatlin
- S.S. Grin, $654.06 – Sara Foster, Havelock Middle, Principal William Byland
- Harvest Hustle, $1,446.11 – Megan Davis, Brinson Memorial Elementary, Principal Alexandra Aguiar
- Our Future With Alternative Energy, $1,410.95 – Meredith Cox, H.J. MacDonald Middle, Principal Tabari Wallace
- Yogi Masters, $875.12 – Rebecca Sanchez, Trent Park Elementary, Principal Adrian Fonville
- Mario Kart Force and Motion, $1,493.07 – Christy Wilson, Ben D. Quinn Elementary, Principal Curtis Gatlin
- ALL UKE CAN DO! Enhancing General Music with the Ukelele, $1,499.34 – Frederick Angoco, II. Arthur W. Edwards Elementary, Principal Kathy Leffler
- Gravity, Friction and Change – Oh, My!, $1,500.00 – Evelyn Hurst, Oaks Road Elementary, Principal Dr. Eleanor Patrick
A total of $13,177.92 was awarded. For information on how you or your organization can support Craven County Schools through Partners In Education, contact Darlene Brown at 514-6321.
Submitted by: Darlene J. Brown, Executive Director, Partners In Education