– 7th: Movie at the Park “The Lorax”, 8:00pm – 10:00pm at Union Point Park. Presented by Two Rivers Church and the City of New Bern Parks & Recreation. For details call 252-633-2830.
– 7th – 15th: Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament in Morehead City. For details call 252-247-3575
– 8th: 6th Annual Kayak for the Warriors, 10:00am at Garner Park, Pine Knoll Shores, NC.
– 8th: Jane Austen in June – special events scheduled throughout the North Carolina History Center and Tryon Palace. For details call 252-639-3524
– 8th: The Regency Era in North Carolina, 10:00am – 4:00pm, Stanly House at Tryon Palace. For details call 252-639-3524
Things to do:
– Visit the local Art galleries and shops to admire the vast array of art on display by local Artists.
– Check out Amusements to learn about fun and games. Some examples are miniature golf, rollerskating, playing bingo, bowling, and much more!
– Relieve some stress by working out at the local Fitness Centers.
– Learn about New Bern’s 302 years of History by taking a professionally guided or self-tours and visit the many historical landmarks.
– Spend some time at the New Bern – Craven County Library, read a book, use the computer, and better yet, take some FREE computer classes!
– Get some fresh air by taking a walk in the park. Your kids will have a blast at the local playgrounds and waterpark. Your dog can play with others in the “dog park”. Thanks to the City of New Bern’s Parks and Recreation and Craven County Recreation and Parks there are over 20 parks, a community resource center, two recreation centers, an aquatic center complex, and a spray park in our community. They also organize numerous events and classes throughout the year.
– Enjoy a Night on the Town by attending a live performance, singing Karaoke or dancing, or watching a movie at the box office.
– Get back to nature by visiting Outdoor Recreation and see the hotspots for biking, boating, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, hunting, tennis, scuba diving, etc.
– Enjoy a stroll through the New Bern Farmer’s Market. The locals gather here on the weekends to shop for arts and crafts, food, and many other unique gifts. They even have live bands throughout the year.
What are you doing this weekend?
Tell us what you think by commenting below or sending us an email. Visit New Bern Now’s Facebook page or sign up for the latest updates by submitting your email address in the right margin on New Bern Now’s website.