5th: The Barefoot Movement in Concert, 8:00pm and 10:15pm, Broad Street Social Club, 411 Broad St. For details call 252-259-1134.
6th: Craven County Clean Sweep, 9:00am at Lawson Creek Park. For details call 252-633-1477
6th: Nature Photography Workshop, 9:00am – 2:00pm, Weyerhaeuser’s Cool Springs Environmental Education Center. For details call 252-514-3533
6th: Bear City Opry, doors open at 6:00pm, starts at 7:00pm, 516 Hancock St. For details call 252-670-7082
6th: Improv hosted by John Van Dyke, 10:00pm, Broad Street Social Club, 411 Broad St. For details call 252-259-1134.
7th: Voter Registration, 11:00am – 12:30pm, Guildfield Missionary Baptist Church, 836 Green St. For details call 252-633-2388
7th: New Bern CROP Hunger Walk 2012, check-in: 2:00pm, walk starts at 3:00pm at Union Point Park. For details call 252-288-4927
– Captain Bly’s Shipwreck Cove, 4605 Hwy 70 E., 252-636-2683
– Disc-Frisbie Golf Course located in Glenburnie Park, Glenburnie Rd., New Bern
– Rollerland, roller skating rink, 3502 Neuse Blvd., New Bern 252-633-3804
– The Strike Zone, bowling alley, 3550 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., New Bern 252-637-6033
Visit The City of New Bern’s Parks and Recreation and Craven County Recreation and Parks to see a detailed listing of all the parks and events in New Bern.
We also have many tour options! You don’t have to be a tourist to check out these fun activities and enjoy the weekend!
– Bear Town Bears Walking Tour
– Captain Fins Pontoon and Kayak Rentals and Tours, 252-876-2288
– Captain Nick’s Sightseeing Boat Rides, email
– Carolina Carriage & Tours, 252-675-5360
– Cedar Grove Cemetery Tours, 252-635-1374
– Colonial Capital Helicopter Tours, Kale Storage Rd., 252-514-2242
– Ghosts of New Bern Walking Tour, 252-571-4766
– Lookout Lady Cruise, New Bern Grand Marina F Dock, 252-728-7827
– New Bern Fireman’s Museum, 408 Hancock St., 252-636-4087
– New Bern Tours and Convention Services, 333 Middle St., 252-637-7316 or 800-849-7316
– On The Wind Sailing Cruises, 252-670-3047
– Palm Coast Tours and Outings, 252-665-1175
– Self-Guided African American Heritage Tour sponsored by the Craven County Convention and Visitors Center, 252-637-9400
– Tryon Palace and the North Carolina History Center, 252-637-9400
– Tugboat Cruises LLC, 101 Craven St., 252-349-3819
– Walking Tours, Tryon Palace Historic Sites and Gardens, Corner of Pollock and George Sts., New Bern, 252-514-4900 or 800-767-1560
If you know of any events, amusements, or tours that aren’t listed, please comment below or send us an email. Follow us on New Bern Now’s Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest happenings!
Have a great weekend!