– 19th: St. Paul Catholic School Walkathon, 9:00am – 11:00am at the school playground. For details call 252-633-0100
– 19th: Cavani String Quartet, doors open at 6:30 pm, concert at 7:30pm, Cullman Performance Hall of the North Carolina History Center at Tryon Palace. For details call 252-639-3500
– 19th: Chuck Brodsky in Concert, doors open at 7:30pm, performance at 8:00pm, Trent River Coffee Company. Presented by the Down East FolkArts Society. For details call, 252-633-6444
– 19th – 20th: 31st Annual Havelock Chili Festival and Big Boy Toy Show, Fri: 5:00pm – 9:00pm, Sat: 10:00am – 4:00pm at Walter B. Jones Park in Havelock, NC. Contact the Havelock Chamber of Commerce for details 252-447-1101
– 20th: 8th Annual Neuse River Bridge Run, 7:00am at Union Point Park. For details, send an email.
– 20th: Fly Fishing for Beginners, 9:30am, Weyerhaeuser’s Cool Springs Environmental Education Center. For details call 252-514-3533
– 20th: Nefarious: Merchant of Souls – A Screening, 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Anti-Human Trafficking Documentary hosted by: Lenneah “Leah” Ricafrente at Christ Church Ministry Center, 311 Middle St. For details email Reverend Marquita Hutchens
– 20th: Chuck Brodsky in Concert, doors open at 7:30pm, performance at 8:00pm, Clawson’s Restaurant, Beaufort, NC. Presented by the Down East FolkArts Society. For details call, 252-633-6444
– 21st: Boat Demo and Community Paddle, 1:00pm – 5:00pm, presented by the Twin Rivers Paddle Club sponsored by Craven County Recreation and Parks at Lawson Creek Park. For details call 252-636-6606
– Captain Bly’s Shipwreck Cove, 4605 Hwy 70 E., 252-636-2683
– Disc-Frisbie Golf Course located in Glenburnie Park, Glenburnie Rd., New Bern
– Rollerland, roller skating rink, 3502 Neuse Blvd., New Bern 252-633-3804
– The Strike Zone, bowling alley, 3550 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., New Bern 252-637-6033
Visit The City of New Bern’s Parks and Recreation and Craven County Recreation and Parks to see a detailed listing of all the parks and events in New Bern.
We also have many tour options! You don’t have to be a tourist to check out these fun activities and enjoy the weekend!
– Bear Town Bears Walking Tour
– Captain Fins Pontoon and Kayak Rentals and Tours, 252-876-2288
– Captain Nick’s Sightseeing Boat Rides, email
– Carolina Carriage & Tours, 252-675-5360
– Cedar Grove Cemetery Tours, 252-635-1374
– Colonial Capital Helicopter Tours, Kale Storage Rd., 252-514-2242
– Ghosts of New Bern Walking Tour, 252-571-4766
– Lookout Lady Cruise, New Bern Grand Marina F Dock, 252-728-7827
– New Bern Fireman’s Museum, 408 Hancock St., 252-636-4087
– New Bern Tours and Convention Services, 333 Middle St., 252-637-7316 or 800-849-7316
– On The Wind Sailing Cruises, 252-670-3047
– Palm Coast Tours and Outings, 252-665-1175
– Self-Guided African American Heritage Tour sponsored by the Craven County Convention and Visitors Center, 252-637-9400
– Tryon Palace and the North Carolina History Center, 252-637-9400
– Tugboat Cruises LLC, 101 Craven St., 252-349-3819
– Walking Tours, Tryon Palace Historic Sites and Gardens, Corner of Pollock and George Sts., New Bern, 252-514-4900 or 800-767-1560
If you know of any events, amusements, or tours that aren’t listed, please comment below or send us an email. Follow us on New Bern Now’s Facebook page to stay up to date on the latest happenings!
Have a great weekend!