Listen to Laura Johnson’s radio interview with Carol Tokarski and Lisa Bisbee:
Download the prospectus and application form by clicking on Arts Festival Prospectus. We do allow artists to split booths. If you require additional information, feel free to call 252-638-2577. Deadline for registration of an artists’ booth is July 31, 2012.
Craven Arts Festival, September 29 & 30, 2012 at the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center.
We hope you will consider becoming a part of what is sure to be an art-packed, fun-filled event.
During the Festival, attendees will have the opportunity to browse artists’ booths, view live demonstrations by a few chosen artists and enjoy interactive art, drama and musical activities. A Wine Tasting is planned for Saturday evening, and this event will also include a “selective” raffle.
Make a Difference Through the Arts! Craven Arts Festival Sponsorship Packages are available for patrons and sponsors who would like to make a difference through the arts.
Craven Arts Festival – Schedule & Information, the times are as follows:
Saturday, September 29
Craven Arts Festival: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Workshops: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wine Tasting and Bernie Award Party: 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 30
Craven Arts Festival: Noon to 4.p.m.
Workshops: Noon to 4 p.m.
The New Bern Riverfront Convention Center will be brimming with art when the Craven Arts Festival is in full swing. On September 29 and 30, the Craven Arts Festival will host artist booths displaying handmade jewelry, painting, drawing, mixed media, photography, sculpture, pottery, fiber arts and furniture, most of which will be available for purchase. In addition, attendees may register for special workshops to experiment with techniques or learn skills to help them succeed as creative professionals.
There will also be artist demonstrations, crafts for children and adults and live musical and theatrical performances. Nonprofit arts organizations will also be on hand to share information. There are fees for the workshops, but the rest of the fun is FREE!
– A Convention Center filled with artisans selling goods made in the USA
– Community constructed outdoor sculpture projects
– Supporting regional artists as a small business in a creative economy
– Children’s Day with interactive art projects all day Saturday
– Workshops for creative development for all ages and art experiences
– Representatives from regional art organizations contributing to our quality of life
– Ongoing stage performances from professional artists to amateur tryouts
– Craven Alliance for Arts and Culture – information booths and activities presented by area non-profit art, performance and theater groups.
Submitted by: Carol Tokarski, Executive Director, Craven Arts Council & Gallery, P.O. Box 596, 317 Middle Street, New Bern, NC 28563